Boeing Defense Systems, based in St. Louis, Missouri, is looking for talented engineers to join its Human Factors Engineering (HFE) team in supporting the design of state of the art defense products. Entry and mid-level positions are available. Please select a link below to learn more and apply to these opportunities. Thank you!
Boeing Defense Systems, based in St. Louis, Missouri is looking for a talented engineer to join its System Assurance team to support the design of our state of the art products. The selected candidate will be tasked to perform critical system assurance work in human factors, as well as other quality factors that drive a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. The selected candidate may also assist with analyses for one or more of the major disciplines of systems assurance which includes reliability & maintainability and systems safety, As well as supporting other areas of Systems Engineering such as affordability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, regulatory, and certification that support our products. The selected candidate will also assist with the evaluation of customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, as well integrating technical parameters to assure compatibility of physical, functional, and program interfaces. These tasks are accomplished within a collaborative environment with other program teams to assist with and/or plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system solution. Military experience, while not required, is desirable.
- Convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus on one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Learns and applies knowledge of human engineering tools and methods (eg; task and workload analysis, digital human modeling, simulation, and prototyping, usability evaluation, statistical and human error analysis) to assist in the development, test evaluation of safe and effective user interfaces.
- Knowledge of human engineering design process, in elements (e.g., requirements definition, design, design documentation, trade studies, failure analysis, test evaluation, sub-contractor management, configuration management), and its relationship to the product lifecycle to effectively analyze product design.
Boeing Defense Systems, based in St. Louis, Missouri, is looking for a talented engineer to join its Human Factors Engineering (HFE) team in supporting the design of state of the art defense products.
- This individual will perform human factors analysis and design on one of our major programs. The work will include contributing to HFE documentation and design solutions, developing plans for accomplishing HFE tasks, and evaluating customer/operational needs.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter and possess Human Engineering knowledge and a working understanding of the Systems Engineering process.
- A fundamental understanding of task and performance requirements for aircrew and maintainers and experience analyzing data are required.
- Tasking includes defining system performance requirements, as well as integrating technical parameters to ensure compatibility of physical, functional, and program interfaces with human operators and maintainers.
- The selected candidate will apply knowledge of military standards (such as MIL-STD-1472, MIL-STD-1474, MIL-STD- 1787, MIL-STD-3009, and JSSG-2010 requirements) and conduct a variety of HFE analyses.
- Types of analyses include Design for Maintainer Analysis, Crew Station and Operator Analysis, Usability Analysis, Signal Analysis for Warnings/Cautions/Advisories, Anthropometric Studies, Task Analysis, Workload Assessments, Aircraft lighting and Night Vision Testing.
- The selected candidate will also monitor supplier design to ensure Human Engineering requirements are incorporated in their design.
- HFE tasks are accomplished within a team based collaborative environment to design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system solution.
- The successful candidate may also interface with disciplines across integrated product teams to assist with analyses for affordability, system safety, reliability & maintainability, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other quality factors that drive a preferred configuration that ensures mission success.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.