Advanced Technology Human Factors Intern (PhD)
JOIN A TEAM RECOGNIZED FOR LEADERSHIP, INNOVATION AND DIVERSITY
This is a tremendous opportunity for the qualified candidate with a background in Human-Centered Systems to join Honeywell’s Aerospace team as an intern for a 12 month assignment.
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Advance Flight Deck System group at the Phoenix, AZ Deer Valley location. AFDS is a multi-disciplinary group including professionals with backgrounds in human factors, cognitive science, human-computer interaction, optics engineering, biomechanical engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. Projects range from government-funded basic research to applied technology insertions into Aerospace products, services, and solutions.
Key attributes for success include:
• A broad set of skills in human factors and human-centered design, as well as optics or mechanical;
• the ability to work in team environments;
• innovativeness; and
• flexibility as well as enthusiasm in contributing to a variety of challenging diverse research and development projects.
The successful candidate may be called upon to perform all aspects of human-centered design, including:
• requirements analyses such as function, task, and cognitive task analyses
• system and system interface design, including design of human-centered functions and functional logic, and design of user interfaces
• usability testing, from informal focus groups to rigorous controlled experiments
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• concept development efforts,
• conducting research studies, and
• conducting and reporting research analyses
YOU MUST HAVE:
• CURRENTLY ENROLLED AND PURSUING A GRADUATE PROGRAM IN HUMAN FACTORS, COGNITIVE SCIENCE, EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, OPTICS ENGINEERING, BIOMECHANICAL ENGINEERING, INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING, OR RELATED SCIENCES, AT AN ACCREDITED COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY
• DUE TO EXPORT CONTROL REQUIREMENTS, THE CANDIDATE MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
• AVIATION DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE A PLUS
• MILITARY DOMAIN EXPERIENCE A PLUS
• POSSESSES EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• ABLE TO COMMIT TO A 12 MONTH INTERNSHIP
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status. Exempt
- 1st Shift
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: HRD39419
- Category: Technology R&D
Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley), Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA