The Perception and Performance Tech Group invites proposals for the 2022 PPTG Student Research
What is this?
A small grant to support HFES Student Members conducting independent research related to perception and performance.
How many awards will be made?
Who is eligible?
Any student member of the HFES Perception and Performance Technical Group.
How much can be requested?
Up to $500
What can the money be used for?
Expenses related to conducting the proposed research, e.g., buying research equipment or materials, paying research participants, etc.
How do I apply?
Please send the following materials as a single PDF to PPTG Chair Jason McCarley ([email protected]) by October 28, 2021.
- A structured proposal, including the following sections:
- Background and objectives
- Project description
- A transparency & open science statement explaining A) whether and how research methods will be preregistered, and B) whether and how materials, scripts, and/or data generated by the research will be shared.
- A budget and justification specifying how awarded funds will be used
- Cited references
The proposal should be no longer than 3 pages (double-spaced, 1-inch margins, Times New Roman 12-point font), excluding the budget and references.
2) A signed letter of support (one page max) from the student’s advisor.